PT Cruiser Network

PT Cruiser Network

Saw this at Maggies show this year. If you've always wondered if a 5.7 liter Dodge Magnum V8 Hemi would fit in your PT Cruiser, here's proof that it will. It was very neatly done and looked great. Of course it's now rear wheel drive but I could live with that!

Views: 10504

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

here is a photo of the cruiser that came to our show at great wolf lodge in williamsburg va.he was out of bristol it has a 400 chevy small block with blower400 chevy sml.blk pt
400 chevy small block pt cruiser
400 chevy small block
... and a TAZ in his engine compartment!!  I LIKE IT!!!!

mity qwik said:
here is a photo of the cruiser that came to our show at great wolf lodge in williamsburg va.he was out of bristol it has a 400 chevy small block with blower400 chevy sml.blk pt

That "Little Devil" really gets around doesn't he?

TAZ CRUISER said:

mity qwik said:

Here it is again out of Tennessee at RTTB in 2009.

i knew you would notice it sitting there

TAZ CRUISER said:

mity qwik said:

There is another PT with a 5.7L HEMI at Cooker Tire during the Hot Rod Power Tour last summer.  Chrysler could have made these and sold another 3 million units that would be intense drivers!  I was amazed there was only a couple of inches lost on the inside tunnel.

Heres the video on YouTube that shows the owner and the fabricator  its awesome two part video.Type in YouTube search ScottieDTV and look up 5.7 hemi PT Cruiser enjoy :-)

There are a few nice conversions out there. As far as I know mine is the only 426 (true) hemi. Mine is a 2001 with auto and 3.55 viper rear end, two door, air ride, AC, PS, PB etc....

Mike

Attachments:

Who has conversions for a small block chevy or small hemi and what is the cost.  I have been looking for a supercharger for the PT and it looks like all of the Mfg's quit making them.  I would really like to put a V8 it mine.  Your conversion looks fantastic, very professional job.

I just can't believe how well the car has held up.  2003 year-round driving in Minnesota and NO rust!  S this would be a good idea to give it a new life. My main car is a 2010 Camaro and performance is expected.  I would really like to see the response when a PT pulls up along side a Camaro and just buries the Camaro in tire smoke.

Hi Rodney,

Conversions take a lot of time and money, but the cars are a lot  cheaper now as  well. I don't know of anyone doing a kit. I was able to do a lot of mine myshelf. If I was to do it again, it would of course be faster and easier.  If I was to do another one, it would be a  stroked 340 small block. Lots of room for  a small block. It would also be a lot easier to use a solid axel instead of an independent rear end. The biggest challenge for me, was the electrical. That can be done a lot easier as well. A lot of it depends on how wild you want to go. It is fun to pull up next to a mustang or camaro and see the expression on their face when they hear the engine roar. Very few challengers.
Rodney S. Enke Sr said:

Who has conversions for a small block chevy or small hemi and what is the cost.  I have been looking for a supercharger for the PT and it looks like all of the Mfg's quit making them.  I would really like to put a V8 it mine.  Your conversion looks fantastic, very professional job.

I just can't believe how well the car has held up.  2003 year-round driving in Minnesota and NO rust!  S this would be a good idea to give it a new life. My main car is a 2010 Camaro and performance is expected.  I would really like to see the response when a PT pulls up along side a Camaro and just buries the Camaro in tire smoke.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2022   Created by Terry.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service