PT Cruiser Network

PT Cruiser Network

Has anyone had the experience of replacing the little lights in the window switches on the dash? I have 3 out of 4 out. The only one that lights up is the passenger window. First look at the job has left me lost on how to get to them. I guess I will have to pull the entire face plate ...radio,heat/AC, etc, to get to them. Didn't feel any screws to remove at the bottom but I didn't really get down and look real close. If anyone has done this, please share with me the procedure.

Thanks,

Danny

Views: 1177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Danny ..... you can pry the switch assembly away from the dashboard and disconnect the electrical connector from the switch. I have never done it and 3 of mine are out also. However the "How to do it" is all in this book. Haynes #25035 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2001 thru 2009 (all models) Repair Manual. I have gone to this book many times just to see what this part was or what it did . even if it did'nt need repairing. If you take your pt to the shop to get somthing fixed you can look up what they are talking about and maybe be able to fix it yourself . A repair shop was going to charge me $50 to change the bub in the brake light at the top of the rear window. The "book showed me how to do it for free. Hope this will help you Ride Safe   Ward & the Street Rat

Thanks Ward, I will take a look at that.

Danny

Ward, I took a look at my switches today and there is no way to pry the switches away from the dash. It looks like I will have to pull the complete front dash plate to get to the switches. I also noticed that the rear window switches do not have lights in them, so I only have one bulb to replace.

I also found the Haynes #25035 Chrysler PT Cruiser manual on ebay and ordered it, should be here in about a week. It was $16.00 and I'm sure that will be money well spent.

ward f. wright said:

Danny ..... you can pry the switch assembly away from the dashboard and disconnect the electrical connector from the switch. I have never done it and 3 of mine are out also. However the "How to do it" is all in this book. Haynes #25035 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2001 thru 2009 (all models) Repair Manual. I have gone to this book many times just to see what this part was or what it did . even if it did'nt need repairing. If you take your pt to the shop to get somthing fixed you can look up what they are talking about and maybe be able to fix it yourself . A repair shop was going to charge me $50 to change the bub in the brake light at the top of the rear window. The "book showed me how to do it for free. Hope this will help you Ride Safe   Ward & the Street Rat

Danny ..... It's your pt and your call on this. But do this for me " Nothing" untill you get your manual. It will show you how to do it step by step. Please do'nt think that I'm trying to undermind your capabilitys. Because this not my intention. I have not did mine because I do'nt have to look at them to use them. This comes from having tint'd out windows A BIG PAIN!! in the butt when making 90% turns around dividers, corners, backing up, ect. at night (do'nt let it be raining) I have to run the window down to see as I make the turn or back up. But I look so COOL in the day light!!!  Keep posted on this.. Ward

Ward, I understand what you are saying. I will wait until I get my manual and I'm sure it will be simple, I'm probably just making something simple more complex than it is.

Wow you must have some dark tint! I have 1 step below Limo tint on my rear door windows and back glass and I can see pretty good at night. Do you ever have a problem with the Law for the dark tint? When I had my windows tinted the company advised me against Limo tint because the cops would fine me for it if stopped. I agree with you on your tint...VERY COOL!

What year is your PT? mine is a 2008, I'm thinking we may have a different control setup on the dash if yours is a 2005 or earlier.

Danny.. mine is an 04. But the book is 02 thru 09 we'll just have to see whats up when you get your manual. The tint on my rear door windows and back glass came on it from the factory.( I bought it new ) the front 2 sides I had done to match them and left the windshield with the light tint it came with. As far as the cops go I do'nt worry about them unless I'm in some  littile hoop town or known drug area. I have had them to look at it my windows and was told that I was good with them, they did'nt care, one way or the other and that very few cops have tint meters anyway. During the day I ride with sun roof sun visor open so there is some light coming in. I 'll tell you one more thing that's cool with tint is my pillar pod gauges glowing through the window. PS. LOVE the little dog biker !!!!

WOW That is dark for factory tint!!

Yeah our Yorkie (his name is Drake) loves to ride. He's not wild about riding on the bike in Cold weather, he'd rather be in the PT . But the Magic word is R-I-D-E.....say it and he's at the door doing his oh boy oh boy dance. He loves to ride in my lap in the PT with the window rolled down and his head stuck out the window.

Ward, I received my manual yesterday and was a little disappointed. It would be a great manual for those with a 2001-2005 but does not cover a lot of the changes to the 2006 and later models. All of the pictures and how to's are based on 2005 and earlier models. That is why I could not understand what you described on the window controls removal...it is a completely different setup. I am going to look this manual over more and decide weather or not to keep it or sell it to someone with an earlier model PT.
Ward what type of pillar pod gauges do you have?

Oh yeah, those pics of your Cruiser on the top of ...I guess it was a parking mall, were very good, I really like the looks of your PT.
ward f. wright said:

Danny ..... It's your pt and your call on this. But do this for me " Nothing" untill you get your manual. It will show you how to do it step by step. Please do'nt think that I'm trying to undermind your capabilitys. Because this not my intention. I have not did mine because I do'nt have to look at them to use them. This comes from having tint'd out windows A BIG PAIN!! in the butt when making 90% turns around dividers, corners, backing up, ect. at night (do'nt let it be raining) I have to run the window down to see as I make the turn or back up. But I look so COOL in the day light!!!  Keep posted on this.. Ward

Dont know how to fix em but yes I also have 3 out of 4 out....I also don't know the answer to this and maybe somebody can tell me....Is the gear selector on the floor console supposed to light up or is the dash gauge indicator the only thing you can see at night to see what gear you are in?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2022   Created by Terry.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service