PT Cruiser Network

PT Cruiser Network

What did you drive in High School or even your first car. Mine was a 1953 Studebaker. Loved that car and sometimes I wish I still had it but the upkeep would probably drive me crazy. That's why my toy now is a PT and not an old car.

Views: 481

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A 1939 Ford 4-door sedan that would be crushed today. I picked it up after football practice one afternoon. There were eight of us in the car, trying to sneak home via backroads. Didn't work - 14 violations later including no D/L, I was sitting on the curb waiting for my folks to ream me out...memories!
http://objflicks.com/CarsWeDrove.htm
For those of you longing for the cars we drove in the 50's or 60's, paste this link into your browser.
It was my sixteenth birthday....55 Chevy.........lowered, molded, turquoise & white tuck and roll, Hurst floor box, three chrome hollies. It had a problem, I recall. It could almost make a right turn, magically (: Oh! one other problem....4 door. "Those were the days my friends."
1949 black plymouth coupe
I feel very young :( ya'll all had awesome cars! I love vintage classics.. call me weird..but I've always wanted and Edsel.. even though they only made them a few years. It's the same one that Don Knotts drive in "the Ghost and Mr. Chicken" :D ... I read a book once, where a little boy described the looks of the car like "it ate a really sour lemon" :) I love it though..
My first car was a little 1995 SE Ford Probe. Not really good cars though.. my transmissions fell out just two years later. I loved that thing though.
MY FIRST TRANSPORTATION IN SCHOOL WAS A 1939 ROYAL ENFIELD MOTORCYCLE. COST A WHOPPING $50.00. NEXT A 1929 ANGLIA SEDAN WITH THE ROOF CUT OFF FOR $15.00. THEN ON TO A NICE 1951 CHEVROLET RAGTOP. BEFORE I MOVED TO FLORIDA IN 2000 I SOLD MY 1934 FORD 3 WINDOW COUPE. CHOPPED 3 INCHES , 350 FUEL ENJECTED VETTE ENGINE , CHROME STRIGHT AXLE , POWER WINDOWS & TRUNK , BOYD WHEELS , AC & HEAT . ........... THAT ROD IS DEARLY MISSED. ALSO HAD A 1966 DODGE CHARGER , 400 CI ENGINE......... LOTS OF GREAT CARS ON HERE...................... BOB
My first car was a 1930 5 window Model A with a 48 merc with 3 stromberg 97s. Being young and dumb I blew the engine before I even had my license. What I drove mostly in high school was my dad's 59 Ford Galaxie 500 with the big 352 motor. It had glass packs, a tack on the steering colum, gages hanging below the dash, 57 plymouth hub cabs, and reversed shackles. My dad was really cool to let me do all that to his work car. It was two tone turquoise and white. We used to street race out by my high school. We had a quarter mile marked off and we called it the MVTA Moraga Valley Timing Association.
First car was a boat (joking). It was 1975 Oldsmobile 98 Regency. It was powder blue, two doors with the fashionable landau top and dark blue velour interior. It was hit at school since I was the first to drive and have a car. The downside was that gas prices shot up with the OPEC embargo. I had to roll my pennies just to keep gas in it. One day would like to have another one for fun. Second car was better, a 1978 Mustang II. Not the best model in the history of Mustangs but a looker
My first car was a 1979 Chevy Monza hatchback. I got it used in 1982, drove it all through college, and replaced it in 1987-by then it was more or less used up! It had a 2.5 liter 4-cylinder and an 18-gallon gas tank-it would run forever between fill-ups.

My first car was a 1995 honda civic ex. haha I know now that I am prolly the youngest person on here!!
You may be one of the youngest, but looking at all the cars on here, it is clear we are growing older but not up!
I got my first car in September after I graduated from high school. A 1963 Buick Special in beige that cost $250. It had previously belonged to my French teacher. After eleven months of first car ownership it literally broke while I was driving home from work to be in a wedding. Thanks to a loan from my grandmother I was able to replace it with a brand-new 1971 FIAT 850 Sport Spider convertible (base price was $2309). The 903 cc engine screamed along close to 3000 rpm in 4th gear at the then legal 70 mph highway speeds. With it's 8 gallon gas tank I could fill up for under $3.00 with premium when the low-fuel light came on. The color was called Positano Yellow, although some referred to it as "butterscotch". There were a few other names as well which weren't as kind, making reference to babies, and calves...
Oh, and yes, I made it to the wedding...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2022   Created by Terry.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service