PT Cruiser Network

PT Cruiser Network

While in Dublin, Ohio for the car show, my wife,granddaughter and I were coming back to the hotel from dinner using the X-way. I passed a truck in the right lane and took my foot off the gas when the car took off at 65 mph. I was pulling on the steering wheel and standing on the brake, got the car on an exit ramp and into a parking lot. I opened the hood and the radiator cap (custom) had blown thru the center and the cold air intake had fallen from the throttle body. It was 104* and the rubber hose that held the air intake to the throttle body had fallen apart and got sucked in sticking the throttle open. Thought I should let you guys know to check the rubber for cracks. I got it running again and got to the hotel with the heat turned up on high to run water thru the heater core to help cool it - needle almost on red all the way. Got it to a shop in the morning - after a computer check, and making sure the block wasn't cracked the the head wasn't warped and having a new thermostat and cap put in and $250.00 later, We were on our way

Views: 533

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow Gary that dont sound like fun Thats good new no damage to the PT I know it probably took a few years off your life I will make sure we check thanks for the heads up Oh do you know what the date is for Hell this year We are going to try to make it this year

Thanks for the info Gary.

Off hand - don't know, but I did talk to Pat and he will be having the event at the begining of Oct. I'll get back with you on the date.
Russell and Julia Haynes said:

Wow Gary that dont sound like fun Thats good new no damage to the PT I know it probably took a few years off your life I will make sure we check thanks for the heads up Oh do you know what the date is for Hell this year We are going to try to make it this year

Thanks Gary we will try to make it this year

Wow Gary!! I'm so glad you were able to get your Cruiser fixed while out of town... I'm sure it was dificult to trust someone besides you, to work on your PT Cruiser...  : (

The Cruise to Hell, MI this year will be October 6 th...  : )   : )

Our long term Weather man, says it's gonna be sunny and 70 degrees, for the show this year!! ; )  ; )

Hi Mike, The people there were great, they even stayed open an extra hour to get it done. In fact the manager lost his car keys, so I gave him a $10.00 tip (couple of beers) and a ride home after he locked up the shop. Hope you're OK from the heat. Gary

Good grief! I'm glad none of you were hurt!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2022   Created by Terry.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service