PT Cruiser Network

PT Cruiser Network

I hope all the PT people in OK are okay...I hope everyone is untouched by the Lone Grove tornado, as well as the Edmund and Ok City areas.
Prayer and thoughts are with all the residents there who lost family or their homes.

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Let us know if anyone needs anything out in OK. Everyone in the way of that line today (including here in Alabama), keep safe.
We also hope all the PT people are ok from here in Big D. Please let us know if we can do anything for any of you. Our prayers and thoughts are with all of you.
Terry said:
Let us know if anyone needs anything out in OK. Everyone in the way of that line today (including here in Alabama), keep safe.

I see that monster of a system is past you Terry, and into SC and GA. Hope the Eastern Seaboard comes thru okay. We had 50+ MPH winds HERE yesterday, and that ALWAYS means the Plains are going to have bad stuff happen, if it's as warm as it was there yesterday. It's been abnormanlly windy here this year and no rain. I think we're teetering on the scale of no measurable water for a long time now. We could sure use it.

Keep your head down everyone, Lanette
Here's hoping all the PT Cruiser folks along the path of those active storm lines are safe and well tonight. We have been hearing of the destruction wiping out people's homes and dreams. It is so sad and there have been so many natural disasters of late. Us Marylanders are only due to get some thunderstorms and wind gusts to 50 mph in the next 24 hours, which could play havoc with the aging power lines around my way, but nothing compared to what other poor folks have had to endure. Thoughts and prayers from Maryland, to all who were touched by these storms.
TAZ
We were lucky in the Montgomery area. The storm warnings were to the north and the line broke up as it past us. We got some rain and wind. When I left work, it was 77° and sunny! Not a good thing for February.
It was a nasty storm here in south central Okla. No damage at my place (barely even rain), but my brother and his wife lost their home and his welding/machine shop. They barely got to the fraidy hole before it hit. They have cattle and had to put down 3 head due to injuries they received. The damage is widespread, with 9 fatalities at last official count.
Here's a slideshow of some pix I took yesterday of the damage at my brother's place as they sorted & saved while clearing the site of debris. It's just one of many homes/businesses that were destroyed by the force of Tuesday's F-4 tornado. Cleanup continues, and will for years. But they are among the lucky ones - they're still alive and well.

wow....boy, do these pics put things in perspective or what. I'm so sorry for your brother and family having to go through that, they will be I'm sure in everyone's thoughts and prayers. And like you say, they made it out alive.
I have noticed one thing for SURE...no one in OK has had their hands out, looking for handouts and expecting someone to come there and clean up this mess for them. THAT's the way it's always been...my donation is on it's way.
http://okc.redcross.org/
I hope our "new" Government officials have flown over and/or visited the area to observe the need for disaster assistance. Have they and it just didn't make the news?
Thanx for the update and pictures Okiecruiser...this is about the ONLY thing I don't miss about living in my hometown of Tulsa.
Thanks so much for your kind words, Lanette. You're so right - this is definitely 'can do' country. The people in the photos (co-workers, friends & neighbors) all just showed up and started helping. They wouldn't leave, even when it got dark. Thanks to their heartfelt concern, the house slab is already cleared, which will help speed along the rebuilding of their home. There has been talk of government "disaster assistance", etc. We shall see. In the meantime, there's no need or reason to wait for what may or may not happen. Think New Orleans.... :-(

On a happier note, I gotta get busy and mail a registration form to you! Went through Cloudcroft on the way to PT Round Up in the Desert - will be nice to revisit (and actually stop!) there this fall, meet you and everyone else and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
That IS happy news Glenn!! I saw that you guys went to AZ, I hated missing it this year...but my pocketbook and my schedule just would't let me go. Glad your family is getting help, and I did read that the Assistance is coming to those select counties....we know that most of the time those mobile home trailer owners don't carry insurance on them, so they will really be hurting.
Did you come thru Roswell, NM before you got to Cloudcroft??
lanette giese said:
Did you come thru Roswell, NM before you got to Cloudcroft??

Hi Lanette - We went through Artesia on the way to Phoenix, and Roswell on the way back. Had to check on the aliens. :-)
Oh my gosh, Glenn, so sorry about your brother and his family! I was worried about you and glad you came through ok. How are they coming along? Hugs to you and so sorry for their loss.

Okie Cruzer said:
Thanks so much for your kind words, Lanette. You're so right - this is definitely 'can do' country. The people in the photos (co-workers, friends & neighbors) all just showed up and started helping. They wouldn't leave, even when it got dark. Thanks to their heartfelt concern, the house slab is already cleared, which will help speed along the rebuilding of their home. There has been talk of government "disaster assistance", etc. We shall see. In the meantime, there's no need or reason to wait for what may or may not happen. Think New Orleans.... :-(

On a happier note, I gotta get busy and mail a registration form to you! Went through Cloudcroft on the way to PT Round Up in the Desert - will be nice to revisit (and actually stop!) there this fall, meet you and everyone else and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2022   Created by Terry.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service