PT Cruiser Network

PT Cruiser Network

After I bought my car in July 2004, I requested production info from Chrysler. They told me out of 125,533 PT's produced for the '04 model year, only 1,857 were made in the Seamist color. Both Sue and Trisha (who have Turbos) learned only 146 Seamist Turbos were produced. From a website which I believe is now defunct (ptcruiserclub.org) I learned the Seamist color was discontinued after October 31, 2003 (with '04 production starting early in July of '03). My car rolled off the assembly line on July 3, 2003, so it was one of the first ones. Because I wanted a stick shift but also a moonroof, a local dealer did a national search for me in July '04--and found this one languishing on an Allentown PA dealer's lot. I guess it was just waiting for me! Of course, probably no one else wanted a Limited with stick shift--lucky for me!
So, what other figures do you Seamist owners have? What date was your car made (it's on the label on driver's door)?

Views: 99

Replies to This Discussion

HI Carol,

I just looked and the sticker says mine was made in 10/03 so it must have been one of the last ones made. Mine is an automatic - but I am lazy and un-coordinated.

The web site for the National Organization went down sometime during October - when we were at "Cruise the Dells". I am not sure why or who hosted it but a lot of clubs had to scramble to find other sites to host their web pages/sites. The PT quarterly is gone as well which is kind of too bad but then again half of it was being devoted to the 300 because of advertising.

Linda of PT Botique (sp?) and her husband are still supporters of the PT and some of the events; she has an events page on her site as well

Husband just heard that Cruz the falls was not happening this year?

When we were in IN over Christmas we saw a pale yellow convertible with the baby turbo in it on a used car lot; I think it was either a lease/demo or loaner car- was tempting because it was unusual but I think I would have a hard time seeing out of it; We seem to see a lot more and different PT's in IN
hey, just looked at mae's pt 10/03 we fiqure.. about 35 seamist pts per month..maes is somewhere around 50th ot 70th.. just a quess.. way to cool
hey, just looked at mae's pt 10/03 we fiqure.. about 35 seamist pts per month..maes is somewhere around 50th ot 70th.. just a quess.. way to cool
Hey Lee,

I wonder if there is somewhere to find out, other than Chrysler exactly which number you are; I was hoping this group would grow a little more than it has but the site as a whole keeps on getting new members so maybe a few more Seamists will happen by. I am glad you joined the Seamists.

lee f cappis said:
Hi Lee,
No doubt the serial number of the car could be useful to figure out approximate order, but I doubt Chrysler kept track of sn's by color. Anyhow, Seamists were only made for FOUR months (July - October '03), so if you divide 1857 by 4, that equals approximately 464 per month. Perhaps the model year started being made in June, in which case the figure would be a little smaller per month. Does anyone know when model year production change-over takes place?
At any rate, Mae's car and Sue's car were both made near the end, in October. Mine was July 4, so obviously very near the beginning. How about the rest of you Seamist owners?
I'm a little disappointed we haven't gotten more Seamists in the club. If you meet any during the summer show season, please encourage them to join us! Everytime I've ever met a Seamist owner, I've asked for their contact info, so I was able to let several others know about this (after Sue asked me to join).
Happy '09 cruisin'
Carol
oops i goofed maes was built 08/03, tried for along time to get this information from chrysler with no responce... glad you got it and published it. there are about five we think in this area including mae's. hers is turbo 1 of 146. getting ready for the Va beach boardwalk show..norfolk va
http://www.beachstreetusa.com/events/CruisinVaBeachCarShow
good morning seamist world.. maes car should be out of the shop thursday.. 4200.00 worth of damage..... but at least shes ok...
Attachments:
Hi Lee,
Sorry to see the photos of Mae's car but glad she's OK and that the car is fixable. Maybe some day we'll get to meet - are you taking the Seamist to any events this year?
Carol

lee f cappis said:
good morning seamist world.. maes car should be out of the shop thursday.. 4200.00 worth of damage..... but at least shes ok...

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by Terry.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service